MANCHESTER UNITED NEWS AND LINKS

Friday 18 May 2007

Ronaldo: Booing made me better


The Portuguese international become public enemy number one following England's World Cup exit over his spat with Wayne Rooney.

It had been thought Ronaldo's tenure in England had been set to end, but he stayed with The Red Devils and enjoyed one of his best seasons ever.

Ronaldo's performances culminated in him landing both the PFA and Football Writers' Association Player of the Year and he is honoured to accept the awards.

"When someone speaks wrong about you, you want to show this is not right. This is what I've tried to do," he told Sky Sports News.

"I've tried to play well. I've tried to help the team. This is what's happened this season.

"I think I'm more consistent, more mature, and I'm very happy for this.

"I'm not saying the people spoke badly about me before because I see the newspapers.

"This is fantastic for me to receive this trophy from journalists, it's amazing."

No comments:

Sky Sports | United News

THE MANCHESTER UNITED NEWSWIRE

United Gallery